Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mod - 4 Connectivism

**** I POSTED TO CAROL LEE & CHARITY MORAN'S BLOGS. THE URLS ARE BELOW: ****

http://carollee387.blogspot.com

http://msmomo-educationaltechnology.blogspot.com/





I do not know if you will be able to really see the jpg. so I am also including the URL address to my mind map: http://mywebspiration.com/view/418402a729b

When ever I am learning something new or I have a question about something I will go to the internet and search for the information that I am seeking. I will utilize Google, Google scholar, you tube, teacher tube, and the Walden Online Library. Through my degrees at Walden I have learned to utilize several tools that help me to collaborate and facilitate my learning. These tools include wikis, Skype, Blogs, and EDU 2.0 amongst others. These tools help me on my learning journey and they are very convenient and easy to use. Over the years as I have added more and more digital items to my network it has changed the way I think and the way I learn as well. I no longer have just a few options at my finger tips but an endless amount to pull from. It has changed the way I think and that has changed the way I learn.

****************** I REPEAT MYSELF ******************

**** I POSTED TO CAROL LEE & CHARITY MORAN'S BLOGS. THE URLS ARE BELOW: ****

http://carollee387.blogspot.com

http://msmomo-educationaltechnology.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. Sherry your mind map is very interesting. I like the circle of arrows in the middle but I do wonder how do you keep up with all the child nodes with your busy schedule? Val Mitchell-Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie,

    I am not quite sure what you mean by child nodes? If your talking about my child.. my schedules is really not that busy. My life is quite balanced.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sherry. Nice blog. I especially liked your comment that, "It has changed the way I think and that has changed the way I learn." Thinking and learning are not mutually exclusive, but they are rarely attributed to each other. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of watchknow.com, so I checked it out. This is a very interesting website. I like the fact that many of the videos seem to be made by teachers. It is a great place to share and gather resources for teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sherry!

    I think I can clarify child nodes because as I was creating the mind map each additional item I attached to a parent node was called a child or sibling. These are all the items you have selcted as connections.

    I, like Tiffany, have never heard of WatchKnow.com and will be checking the site out. Always up for new items to add to the bag of knowledge. Like you, I have learned to use many new ways to collaborate and use technology since beginning classes at Walden. It seems that each class brings forth some new idea or piece of technology that is useful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherry great job on your learning network map! You've provided a wonderful visual of how we reuse the networks we have and how technology constantly evolves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! Those of you interested in WatchKnow.com it is a great site with wonderful resources... you can add to the resources and comment on the resources as well. It's really great!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete